Power of the Purse (PoP) is a charitable giving circle that was formed under the Foundation in August of 2007. Founded by a group of eight, they decided to organize some of the most powerful, positive & intelligent women to network and strengthen our community by financially investing together and giving of their time & resources.
The group has since grown to 40 members and has invested over $200,000 back into the community. Power of the Purse continues to focus its' efforts towards programs that benefit women and children in the community.
To create a powerful leadership network of women who strengthen our commuity through a focused investment of their time, talent and treasure.
Goals of Power of the Purse are to...
- Make a difference in the community by contributing time, talents and monetary resources
- Encourage community among ourselves and those we serve
- Educate and increase awareness of local needs
- Encourage self-sufficiency and well-beling among those in need
- Build a network that is a catalyst for positive change
Past Projects Include...
- The Sanctuary, Sober Living Home for Women
- Caleb's Clubhouse Sensory Gym
- Interior of the Children's Discovery Barn at the Roosevelt Park Zoo
- Children's Playroom at the Domestic Violence Crisis Center
- Magic Smiles Playground at Oak Park
- iCan Bike Summer Camp Program - Anne Carlsen Center & Pathfinders
- Backpack Buddies Program - Souris Valley United Way
- Scholarships for single women at Minot State University